11 qershor 2008

«midnight storms and sanguine morns»

I watch the lumbering night made day by lightning
fresh and leafed branches cracking
swaying with the winds and then snapping
falling on moist grasses
their fall slowed by leaf-parachutes
then hastened again by torrents
chopped in pieces of droplets
hurrying toward the ground
with the fresh and green companions
they seize and impound

'tis the morning alone that reveals it all
the aftermath of winds and rainfall
with leafy branches heaved and tossed asunder
with trunks uprooted, their heads regretting
their growth, their blunder
the pride and spurt that brought them under

and I drive through this vegetating maze
refreshed by dews
and choked by the morning haze
my hands at ten and two
my eyes that look afar
awakened too early, still seeing the last star:
mighty Aphrodite lighting my morn
perhaps reminding the trees and me
that all is not forlorn

1 koment:

Anonim tha...

It's a good one. I can feel it. :)