22 gusht 2008

«de profundis clamavi»

with no guitar for me gently to weep
i let this strange whim around me to creep
and explore me from within and from without,
learn all my secrets therein and let them out;
and with them reveal my loves and obsessions
and leave in my rues and reflections.
and if the time be right,
whether i be steady or in flight,
let this stranger ever capture me by force;
i'll submit to him and follow his course
whether it lead me to an exalted podium
thence i shall preach my gospel of odium
and pound my fists in fits of rage,
like John the Baptist in Herod's cage,
extol myself and deprave my foes,
see those who've done me ill in hopeless throes....
or better yet...
whether it rest my tender rear in a cloud
and godlike in fulminations i declaim out loud
my willful abnegations to those i love
who are so few as not to push and shove
when reaching for my cloud and thereby me
to be clasped together for all the world to see,
their warmth to cherish for but a moment,
to see for once and ever my loathsome torment
hail down and rain and thunder like Zeus deranged,
then seep and dissipate in the ground it long estranged,
until, like uttered words that quickly become air,
it is rendered naught and is nowhere.
...

Nuk ka komente: